Friday, July 10, 2009

Nebrasssssska.





Travelling route 80 through Nebraska is about the most tedious thing you could possibly imagine doing. EVER! Endless prarie is dotted with numerous huge grain elevators. We had to make a fuel stop so I jumped off at the town of Chappell, Nebraska. I picked Chappell because I wanted to get a close-up shot of the American flag on the elevator next to the UP line that runs east west across the state. After getting fuel in the Penske truck I decided to explore the railsiding in the area during a torential thunder storm. On the west side of the elevator complex was a Hi-rail truck with 3 powered drive axles coupled to about 10 or 12 ballast hoppers. Just on the other side of the tracks was a GP-9 (?) lettered for the FEC, Farmer's Elevator Co-operative. I know in the shot I got it looks like a model but it's the real Magilla!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home