Monday, September 15, 2008

Good Morning America Whistlestop Tour

Thanks to the good folks at Railroad.net I found out that the Good Morning America Train would be coming through Rochester this evening!
Power was provided by two specially decorated Amtrak Genesis engines.
The third "unit" in the consist was a strange beast indeed! An F-40 ph "Cabbage" had been given a set of balls! No, really, balls, over the baggage/ engine room area the roof line was lowered and a pair of domes, probably for live feed during broadcasts, had been added to the roof!
A matched set of 6 Superliner cars decorated in a real nice red, white and blue reflective scheme made up the majority of the consist.
On the tail-end a pair of BEAUTIFUL, restored Pennsylvania private cars were bringing up the markers. I ran across Main street to try and get a going away shot but after almost getting whacked by an RTS bus I found my batteries had died... what a PUTZ! I forgot to pick up new ones on my way out to shoot today. Oh well, I got some shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home